Thursday, 21 August 2014

My Latest Episode......

20.08.2014

Woke up at 05:00am but was not going to work out this morning because I needed to be at Blue Post Hotel in Thika before 7:00am. I had been invited to a charming business networking meeting, BNI, is the name of the forum. I figured I would get my workout done jioni after work.

>>FFWD>> 12:00pm. On the road back to Nairobi. Along the Thika Rd highway, at the dip just after the Githurai 45 over-pass. Random men on the road hurling stones towards on-coming traffic! Terror!!!! Screeeeching! emergency braking all round, reverse, start turning…… – wait, that means heading into oncoming traffic head on, it is a on a one-way traffic road after all! The adrenaline rush left me wiped out! I was hyper for the rest of the day, by 4:00pm I was drained!!!

That’s a really good reason for not working out, I mean hata wewe unaelewa, no?

18:20pm visited the gym and paid up. Having seen the facilities earlier, I opted out of a facilities tour. I was asked when I would like to commence my membership, being the true procrastinator, I pushed it to Friday morning, August 21st 2014.

18:50pm at home, in the parking lot. My car hasn't run for over 2 weeks now. Lord, please let the battery still has some juice. Approaching said car gingerly........ sob! sob! sob! battery is as dead as it could ever get.............

21.08.2014

Alarm went off at 04:45am and I didn’t feel like getting up at all!!

05:04am managed to hull myself off the bed and into the John. Did my business, quickly changed out of my PJs. Wore the shoes, wait, why are they soooo hard on the inside??? When did I pull out the in-soles??? Sniff! Sob! Sob! Sits back down, undoes the shoes, puts in-soles in place, wears shoes again, ties up the laces…………. Moving on out of the bedroom and into the living room.

05:11am, times are wasting, no orange flavoured water this morning. 05:15am, laptop finally boots up, internet connection not available :’( sob sob! Plug in Zumba Cardio & got dancing. When did the floor become sooo hard to do a simple salsa move on???? Jump to carpeted area…… damn this sisal carpet! Where’s my internet connection?????? 05:32am Hooooray!!! Internet is back, the next 20 minutes were the hardest I have lived through! Pump it Up dance aerobics! Why is there sooo much jumping and arm throwing?????

05:55am buzzer goes off. Cool down and stretch time, need to hit the showers ASAP if am going to get breakfast and actually show up for work before 09:00am!!!


Just when I thought it was getting better………………. 

No comments:

Post a Comment